Students must complete 3-4 applications (4th for MPH Program).
Note: All applications have varying deadlines. Please check each application process for the appropriate deadline. DI participates in DICAS. (https://portal-dicas.org)
1. Graduate School application:
NOTE: The Graduate Admission Application should be received by the university by January 15 to meet Departmental deadline.
• Original transcripts/GRE scores – get your transcripts and take your GRE by the end of Dec.
• $60 fee payable to UT
2. Department of Nutrition application:
Deadline: Received by January 15
* You will need to identify and rank three faculty members who you wish to work with.
3. Dietetic Internship application:
Deadline: February 15
All items are online at DICAS (https://portal.dicas.org/)
Applications on the DICAS system will include-
• Letter of Application
• 3 Letters of Reference
• Verification Statement or Letter of Intent to Graduate from DPD Director
4. MPH Degree (for dual MS/MPH):
Click here for more information.
5. Additional DI Application Information:
DI Open House
Our program does not schedule one specific date for an open house. We are available throughout the year to meet with you. Please contact Karen Wetherall, DI Director, at email@example.com. She will coordinate appointments for you to meet with faculty to discuss your interests at your convenience.
DI Application Procedure
Once you have been admitted into graduate school and have submitted your DI application through DICAS the DI Selection Committee will review and rank your application. We utilize the D&D digital matching system. Please note that we do not conduct individual interviews for the DI program.
Second Round Matching Procedure
Please note that we do not participate in the national second round match after the D&D digital internship match date. Since applicants need to be admitted into graduate school prior to being accepted into the DI Program we select interns who are current graduate students to fill any open positions.