You must meet the following requirements:
1. Minimum of a baccalaureate degree granted by a US regionally accredited college or university;
2. Completion of an Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD);
3. Completion of an ACEND accredited supervised practice program such as the Dietetic Internship Program at the University of Tennessee;
4. Receipt of a dietetic internship verification statement upon successful completion of academic and practice requirements (at UT that means completion of MS-DI requirements). Please note that the Commission on Dietetic Registration has a requirement for a minimum of a master’s degree to take the credentialing exam for Registered Dietitian Nutritionists beginning January 1, 2024.
5. Successfully passing the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) national credentialing examination for registered dietitian nutritionists (RDNs);
6. Many states require licensure before being able to practice as a RDN. Check licensure guidelines for the state in which you plan to seek employment. For Tennessee, you will find information at Tennessee Department of Health Dietitians/Nutritionist Licensure.