Block Field Experience Poster Session – for PHN students. The session is scheduled from 9 am -5 pm on Wednesday, August 9th.
It is very important that you attend orientations for new students that are applicable to you. Below is a schedule of all of them.
- Tuesday, August 8, 2017, 8:00 am-1:00 pm, Holiday Inn Knoxville Downtown: New Graduate Student Orientation
- Thursday, August 10, 2017, 8:00 a.m.–11:00 a.m. at the Crown Plaza Knoxville: Graduate Teaching Assistant Orientation (Graduate Teaching Assistants only)
- Monday, August 21, 2017, 10:30 am-12:00 pm, Room 244 Jessie Harris Building: Dietetic Internship Orientation (For all students who have been accepted into the Dietetic Internship)
- Monday, August 21, 2017, 9:15 am-10:15 am, Room 244 Jessie Harris Building: Public Health Nutrition Orientation
- Monday, August 21, 2017, 8:15 am-9:00 am, Room 244 Jessie Harris Building: Nutrition Department Orientation ( All New Graduate Students)
BioSafety Training is required for CMN students before starting laboratory work. In addition, trainings required by the Radiation Safety Department and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee may also be needed for those students who will be working with radioactive materials and lab animals. Please consult with your advisor for your required trainings. The schedule of the relevant trainings can be found at http://biosafety.utk.edu.
Cultural and Linguistic Competence Express Workshop. On Tuesday, August 22, 2017, from 9:30 am-5:00 pm, we look forward to seeing you at the department’s cultural and linguistic competence workshop held for all incoming nutrition graduate students in both PHN and CMN. The workshop is designed to enhance your cultural awareness, knowledge, and skills. It is an interactive workshop where you will have opportunities to share experiences with other graduate students. This workshop will be held in conjunction with the Department of Public Health, and your attendance is required. A box lunch will be served.
If you were accepted into the Nutrition Graduate Program, you received a letter regarding your acceptance and were asked to sign and return your letter indicating your acceptance of the admission offer by the deadline indicated in the letter.
Financial assistantships are considered as they become available and you will be contact via email if you are awarded an assistantship.
If your email address changes, please send your new email address or contact information to the Department of Nutrition at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For students applying to the Dietetics Internship (DI) program
You were asked to indicate at the bottom of your letter if your intent to attend our graduate program was contingent on you being accepted into the DI program. This informed the department whether or not you were still interested in attending as a graduate student if you were not accepted into the DI. Whether or not the box was checked, did not affect your acceptance into the program. If you did not match with the DI program and you were still interested in coming to the University of Tennessee’s Nutrition graduate program, you were able to still enter the program as a graduate student.
For more information on the DI matching process and program please click here.